Transform canned chicken into a mouthwatering game day sensation with our irresistible Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe! Get ready to dip, devour, and delight in this ultimate crowd-pleaser that'll have everyone asking for seconds!
Canned chicken is great to have on hand! Either to make our Canned Chicken Salad or our this amazing dip! Gather these few simple ingredients and get dipping right away!
- Canned Chicken
- Ranch Dressing
- Garlic Powder
- Hot Pepper Sauce (Frank's)
- Green Onion
- Shredded Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Panko Crumbs
- Fresh vegetables (carrot, celery, cucumber)
See recipe card for quantities.
Combine the ranch dressing, mayo, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder and cream cheese into a large skillet.
Whisk the previously mentioned ingredients together in the skillet over low heat until completely melted.
Take the sauce off of the heat and add in the drained cans of chicken, grated cheese and the chopped green onions.
Pour the Buffalo Chicken Dip into the prepared baking dish. Top with grated cheese and panko crumbs and bake.
While the dip is baking in the oven, chop up fresh vegetables to serve with the dip. Place your favorite nachos in a bowl and enjoy!
Hint: Let the dip cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. It will thicken up slightly and be better for dipping!
- Chicken - You can always use shredded chicken if you have cooked fresh chicken on hand. Replace the 2 cans of chicken in the recipe with 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- Cesar Dressing - Replace the Ranch dressing with Cesar Dressing
This dip is great fresh. It will also keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days. When cooling, the dip might separate, but a quick stir will fix it right up!
Other delicious chicken recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip (with canned chicken)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese , softened
- ½ Cup Ranch Dressing
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Hot Chili Sauce (Frank's)
- 1½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Cup Green Onions (3 green onion), chopped
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese , divided
- 2 Cans Canned Chicken Breast (2 x 354g cans), drained
- ¼ Cup Panko Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly grease a 9"x9" baking pan with non stick spray.
- Place all of the Base Sauce ingredients in a large sauce pan over low-medium heat. Stir gently with a whisk, until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and gently simmering.
- Take the warm Base Sauce off of the heat. Incorporate 1 ½ Cup of the grated cheese, all of the green onions and the drained chicken. Stir with a rubber spatula until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the chicken dip into the prepared baking pan. Cover the top with the remaining ½ Cup grated cheese and then the panko crumbs.
- Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. The top should be browning. If you'd like more color on the top, place it under the broiler while keeping an eye on it until desired color is reached.
- Take the dip out of the oven and let rest for 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!