Making flavor packed, juicy chicken breast, with a crispy exterior is in your grasp with this Ranch Chicken recipe! The coating in this recipe contains all the ingredients of a delicious ranch dressing.
Make this Ranch Chicken for dinner, making sure to make extra! Place the extras in the refrigerator and serve sliced over a salad or in a wrap the next day.
The combination of corn flakes, freshly grated parmesan and herbs is the key to recreating the signature ranch flavors.
- Chicken Breast
- Corn Flakes
- Grated Parmesan
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Important note; be cautious about cross contamination when handling the raw chicken. Make sure to portion out the mayonnaise you'll need to cover the chicken. Do not reuse the portioned out mayo for anything else if you have any left.
Combine the herbs, spices, parmesan and the crushed corn flakes into a shallow bowl.
Use a silicone brush to cover the chicken breasts generously with the mayonnaise.
Press the coated chicken breasts into the corn flake mixture, to cover all side.
Place in the 375F preheated oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. Make sure that a probe thermometer registers at least 165F in the thickest part of the largest breast.
Many of the ingredients in this recipe are necessary to achieve the desired taste. Although, you can substitute the the corn flakes with panko crumbs, it may not have the same level of crunch after baking.
- Panko - Use 1 Cup of Panko Crumbs instead of the (2 cups) corn flakes.
I highly recommend using a digital probe meat thermometer when cooking meat. Anything from the person's oven, to the thickness of the chicken breast, can affect the cooking time of meat. Find them in any store with a kitchen section and they are usually only 15$. Well worth the investment, in exchange for perfectly cooked meat.
Refrigerate any leftover cooked Ranch Chicken in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
- 4 Chicken Breast
- ⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Cups Corn Flakes , crushed to make 1 Cup
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Chives , preferably dry but fresh works
- 1 teaspoon Dill , dry
- 1 tablespoon Parsley , dry
- Preheat your oven to 375F with a rack in the middle position. Spray a 9''x13'' baking dish with non-stick spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Crush the 2 cups of corn flakes until it becomes the size of oatmeal. After being crushed, it should make 1 Cup. Place the crushed corn flakes in a large shallow bowl with the rest of the coating ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon out the ⅓ Cup of mayonnaise into a separate small container. Using a silicone brush, apply the mayonnaise generously to cover all sides of the chicken breasts.Important note: Do not put back any portioned out mayonnaise back into it's original container. It is now contaminated by the raw chicken and any extra should be tossed.
- With a pair of tongues or a fork, take a chicken breast and press it into the coating mixture to cover it completely. Place it into the prepared baking tray. Repeat this step for all 4 chicken breasts.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. A probe thermometer place in the thickest past of the largest breast should register at least 165F.
- Take out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!