A great salad can be better than your favorite comfort dish. To put it another way, Zeus meets Julius in this Greek Caesar Salad. Firstly, the creamy dressing is packed with flavor and goes great with the fresh veggies and kalamata olives. Secondly, you can dress it with a nice grilled chicken and crispy pita and you have a full meal!
Ingredients for the salad
To begin with, this salad starts with a bed of beautiful crisp romaine lettuce. This salad would therefore not be part Greek without it's classic fresh ingredients; tomatoes, red onions and olives. Otherwise, trust us on the freshly grated parmesan cheese, it will tie everything together nicely!
- Romaine Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives
- Bell Pepper
- Greek Yogurt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to build the Greek Caesar Salad
Place the chopped romaine lettuce on the serving platter.
Prepare all other vegetables and scatter on top the bed of lettuce.
Prepare the salad dressing by whisking all of it's ingredients together in a bowl.
Serve the salad with pita chips, fresh lemon wedges and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Hint: Prepare your salad in advance by keeping the dressing apart until ready to serve.
Substitutions for the Greek Caesar Salad
- Lettuce - instead of romaine lettuce, you can use any other type of lettuce
- Croutons - instead of pita chips, you can use the more traditional crouton
Variations for the salad
Adding protein to the Greek Caesar Salad can turn it from a side salad into a meal.
- Chicken - Add a grilled chicken breast or even chicken tenders for protein. When cooking chicken, always make sure cook it at an internal temperature of 165F, tested at the thickest part of the meat.
Keep the dressing apart from the salad until ready to serve. All elements should stay refrigerated until ready to serve.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Greek Caesar Salad
- 4 Cups Romaine Lettuce , chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Onion , thinly sliced
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes , halved
- 12 Kalamata Olives
- ¼ Bell Pepper , finely chopped
- ¼ Large Cucumber Sliced
- ⅓ Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese , grated
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Place the chopped romaine lettuce in your serving bowl or on a platter.
- Prepare the other vegetables and place on top of the chopped lettuce.
- Place all ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- When ready to serve, grate the parmesan over the salad. You may not need to use all of the dressing. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and pita chips or croutons.