Welcome to the wonderful of salads! What are salads, but a dish of mixed ingredients. Salads can be a meal, or simply a side. Either way, they add so much to the plate! Explore different aspects to make them your own.
These are different elements for a delicious salad.
- Leafy greens or another base.
- Additional vegetables for color and texture.
- Citrus fruit or berries for punches of flavor.
- A type of onion; red onion, green onion, chive or radish.
- Cheeses like feta, cheddar and parmesan can add punches of flavor.
- Toasted or roasted nuts like almonds, pine, pecan.
- Grilled or toasted bread like a crouton or a pita.
- Protein like cooked ground meat or cooked chicken breast.
- Of course the dressing, either creamy or oily to tie it all together.