If you're on the hunt for a hearty and satisfying meal that's as flavorful as it is comforting, look no further. Our recipe for Baked Beans with Ground Beef is a mouthwatering combination of tender beans and perfectly seasoned ground beef, all baked to perfection in a rich and smoky sauce.
This classic dish strikes the perfect balance between sweet and savory, making it an ideal choice for family dinners, potlucks, or any occasion where you want to bring a taste of home to the table.
- Ground Beef
- Baked Beans
- Bell Pepper
- Soy Sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
How to prepare Baked Beans with Ground Beed
Start making the Baked Beans with Ground Beef by preheating the oven to 350F and prepare a 9"x13" baking dish.
Start by cooking the onion and garlic in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook through.
Add the chopped bell pepper to the cooked ground beef in the pan. Cook for a few minutes.
Turn the heat off and add the cans of beans to the skillet.
Add the ketchup, mustard and soy sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine everything together.
Pour the baked beans with ground beef into the baking dish and smooth it out. Distribute the raw bacon pieces evenly over the baked beans.
Place the dish into the preheated 350F oven and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. When done baking, you may want to place it under the broiler to crisp up the bacon.
Here are a few ways to make this dish so you can use up what you already have.
- Baked Beans - They come in many different types. I used the ones in tomato sauce for this recipe, but you can definitely use any other type, like the ones in molasses.
- Meat - Substitute the ground beef a type of ground poultry like chicken or turkey.
- Veggies - Replace the bell pepper with a cup of broccoli or even carrots.
When replacing these ingredients in the recipe, make sure that you are using the same quantities. This will help achieving a similar end result.
Got leftovers of Baked Beans with Ground Beef?
This is a great side dish, and makes great leftovers! Keep refrigerated in an air tight container for 2-3 days. It can also be kept in the freezer for up to a month.
Need more recipes to use up your ground beef?
- Try out our delicious one-pan Philly Cheesesteak Pasta recipe!
- Make delicious oven-baked meatballs with our Italian Meatball Soup recipe!
Baked Beans with Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil , to cook the onions and garlic
- 1 large White Onion , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 large Bell Pepper (any color) , chopped
- 3 cans Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (398ml /14 fl. oz cans)
- ½ cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 8 strips Bacon , chopped in ½ inch pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350F and have a 9"x13" baking dish at your disposal.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Drizzle in the olive oil and cook the onions and the garlic for a few minutes. Add in the ground beef and cook it fully.
- Once the ground beef is cooked, turn off the heat. Add in the 3 cans of beans to the ground beef mixture. Also add the ketchup, mustard, and soy sauce. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the bean and beef mixture into your 9"x13" baking dish and level it out. Scatter the chopped raw bacon evenly on top of the dish.
- Place the baking dish, uncovered, into the preheated 350F oven for 45 minute. After baking, you may want to place it under a broiler to crisp up the bacon even more. Take out of the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.