Crunch into a burst of freshness with our irresistible Raw Carrot Salad! This vibrant medley of crisp carrots and aromatic dill, will awaken your taste buds and have you craving every nutritious bite.
Vegetable base salads like this one are a great change from its leafy green cousins. Try out our Broccoli Cauliflower Salad for another delicious recipe!
This salad is very tasty, even is it contains very few ingredients.
- Large Carrots
- Fresh Dill
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Pine Nuts (Optional)
- Dry Currants (Optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Raw Carrot Salad
Start by grating the carrots and placing them in a bowl with the minced shallot and the fresh dill.
Make the salad dressing by combining all of its ingredients in a small bowl and whisking them until smooth.
Pour the dressing into the bowl of shredded carrots and fold everything together.
Place the finished carrot salad into a serving bowl and top with more fresh dill.
Hint: Serve the the Raw Carrot Salad as is, with the optional toppings on the side. Toasted pine nuts and currants are delicious on top of this salad.
This salad can be prepared in advance. It is even better to make and then refrigerating it for and hour. Refrigerate any leftovers in an air-tight container for 1-2 days.
Raw Carrot Salad
- 4 Large Carrots , peeled and grated
- ½ Shallot , sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Dill , finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Toasted Pine Nuts (optional)
- ¼ Cup Dry Currants (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Start by grating the carrots and placing them in a large bowl. Finely slice the shallot and the fresh dill and place on top of the grated carrots.
- Make the dressing by combine all of its ingredients in a small bowl and whisking until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the carrot mixture and mix to combine evenly. Serve the optional toasted pine nuts and currants on the side, or fold them in the salad.