If you're on the hunt for a delicious and healthier twist on the classic banana bread, this Banana Bread recipe without butter is no compromise. In this mouthwatering recipe, we'll show you how to create a moist and flavorful banana bread without the use of butter. Instead, we'll be incorporating creamy, tangy yogurt to add both moisture and a delightful richness to the bread.
If you like love butter as much as I do, no worries! Spread as much butter as you'd like when having a nice, warm slice of this fresh banana bread.
Take out those bananas out of the freezer and let's make one of my favorite recipes!
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Very Ripe Bananas
- Brown Sugar
- Canola Oil
- Greek Yogurt
See recipe card for quantities.
Follow these key steps and you'll have banana bread in no time!
Mash up the banana in a large bowl. Make sure to thaw them out completely if they were frozen.
Blend the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and yogurt, into the bananas.
Use a whisk or a hand blender to mix the wet ingredients together.
Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. If you do not have a sifter, place the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk the dry ingredients together before adding to the wet.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Use a spatula in order to not overmix. If using a hand blender, be careful to not overmix.
Pour the batter into a greased 8"x4" loaf pan. You can also use a 9"x5" loaf pan but the baking time might be affected.
- Sugar - Use White Granulated sugar if you do not have Golden Brown Sugar
- Oil- Replace the Canola oil with any other neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable)
Slice the Banana Bread when it has cooled down. Wrap it with plastic or place it in an air-tight container. Keep at room temperature for 2-3 days. Make it last longer by keeping the sliced loaf in the freezer for up to a month. Take 1 or 2 slices out at a time and simply thaw it out in the microwave for a minute.
Enjoy with butter or margarine, even though the recipe does not contain any.
Banana Bread Recipe Without Butter
- 4 large Bananas very ripe
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ⅓ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare the inside of a 8" x 4" loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Peel the brown bananas and place the insides in a large bowl and mash them well. You should have enough bananas to make up 1½ Cup. of If your bananas were in the freezer, make sure they are completely thawed out.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the mashed bananas. Whisk in the sugar and eggs first, then add the vanilla, yogurt and oil, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Level the dough in the pan by smoothing out the top with a rubber spatula. Place into the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If there still is batter on the toothpick, place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes until baked through.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into it. Enjoy!