Take a bite out of Fall with this comforting Autumn Quinoa Bowl. This dish is a celebration of nature's bounty, combining earthy quinoa with a medley of roasted squash, fresh vegetables, and a drizzle of maple infused dressing.
This Autumn Quinoa Bowl is great to make when there is an abundance of squash in the fall. Make this dish anytime with the convenience of frozen cubed squash. These more and more common, and found with vegetable in the freezer isle.
- Cooked Quinoa
- Roasted Squash
- Bell Pepper
- Red Cabbage
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Maple Syrup
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to make the Autumn Quinoa Bowl
Toss the cubed squash with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast in the oven.
Prepare the other ingredients by chopping the pepper and cabbage.
Place the roasted square and all other ingredients on top of the quinoa.
Make the dressing and pour over the quinoa bowl when ready to serve.
The beauty with Quinoa bowls, is the freedom to add ingredients that you have on hand. Here's a few substitution ideas to get started.
- Quinoa - Use any variety of quinoa or substitute it with rice.
- Squash - Butternut squash can be replaced with acorn or spaghetti squash
- Seeds and nuts - Try using toasted sunflower seeds or pecans
Autumn Quinoa Bowl
- 1 Cup Roasted Butternut Squash , in ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil , to roast the squash
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa , cooled
- ½ Bell Pepper , diced small
- ¼ Cup Craisins
- ¼ Cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage , shredded
- ½ Cup Edamame , steamed
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon White White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
To roast the squash:
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a roast pan with parchment paper. Peel the squash and cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Slice each half in 1-inch slices, and each slice into 1-inch cubes.Place the squash cubes on the prepared roasting pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss them on the pan and sprinkle with salt. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, tossing the cubes half way through.
To make the rest of the salad
- Portion out the quinoa in 2 serving bowls. Cover the quinoa bowls with the edamame, diced bell pepper, craisins, pumpkin seeds and shredded cabbage. Split all ingredients equally in each bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine all of its ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Place the roasted squash on top of the quinoa bowls. When ready to serve, pour the dressing equally over the bowls and serve.